The Department of Pathology is serving the patients at CPEIC since August 2005. The department consists of Chemistry Section, Hematology Section and Microbiology Section. Pathology Department is headed by Dr. Syed Khizar Abbas Rizvi (M.Phil Haematology) Assistant Professor of Pathology. Other staff include Pathologist, Hematologist, Bio Chemist and Microbiologist and team of technicians
The Department of Pathology provides a complete array of routine and specialized services. The services are related to all branches of pathology including, clinical chemistry, Special chemistry, Hematology and clinical microbiology. Laboratory Services are provided in proportionate to Cardiology, pediatric cardiology, Pediatric cardiac Surgery, Emergency, Indoor, Out Door and Private Patients.
All routine and specialized tests such as biochemical profiles, enzyme profiles, endocrine assays are available along with several other special tests.
The Department of Pathology is well equipped with the following instruments.
- Beckman Coulter AU680 Fully Automated Chemistry Analyzer
- Beckman Coulter AccessII Immunoassay Analyzer
- Modular P-800 Chemistry Analyzer
- Microlab 400 semi -automated Chemistry Analyzer
- Easylite Electrolyte Analyzer
- Horron Electrolyte Analyzer
- Elecsys Immunoassay — Roche
- ABG Analyzer B121 & B221
- Sysmex KX-21, 03 Part Differentials CBC Analyzer
- CA-1500 fully automated coagulation Analyzer
- Blood culture automation system
FACILITIES AND SERVICES AVAILABLE
The department of Pathology CPEIC Multan is equipped with a capacity of serving about 500 patients/ day. The following services are currently available in the department.
Cardiac Enzymes (CK, CK-MB, LDH)
Lipid Profile (T.Cholesterol, S.Triglycerides. HDL, LDL, VLDL)
Liver Function Tests (Total Bilirubin. ALT, AST, ALP, Serum Albumin. Total Protein.)
Renal Parameters (Urea, Creatinine, Uric Acid)
Diabetic Profile (FBS, RBS, HbA1C)
ABGs (Arterial Blood Gases).
ABGs with Lactate
CBC (Complete Blood Counts)
Peripheral Blood Film.
Body Fluid examination
Culture & Sensitivity for body fluids and other specimens
Culture sensitivity for OT swabs
Infection Control surveillance
HBsAg Screening and ELISA
Anti HCV Screening and ELISA
- Automation in Coagulation.
- Integration of lab Equipment with laboratory Reception
- Computer generated patient receipts
- Computer generated lab reports
- Certification by Bio-Rad USA
- Automation in Blood Culture System
- Development of Online Reporting System
- Establishment of MIC Laboratory Collection Center for private patients
Targets To Be Achieved
- Automation in Hematology
- ISO Certification
|Dr. Khizar Abbas Rizvi||MBBS, M.Phil Haematology (Gold Medalist)||Head of Department / Assistant Professor of Pathology|
|Dr. Nauzaina||MBBS, Dip. Card, M.Phil-1||Pathologist|
|Dr. Fayyaz Hashmi||MBBS, DCP||Pathologist|
|M. Amir Hanif||M.Phil (Biochemistry)||Biochemist|
|Dr. Maqsood Ali||MBBS||SMO Pathology|
|Syed Jawaad Hussain||M.SC (Microbiologist)||Microbiologist|