Pharmacy department of CPEIC, Multan is functioning since August, 2005 i.e from the start of the institute. Department is the back bone of health care management system which participate in and implement the decision of the pharmacy, Therapeutics and Pharmaco vigilance committee.
Provision of Medicines & Disposables, Un‐interrupted provision of Narcocs and procurement are the major assignments.
The facility members are:
|Nadia Nawaz||Drug Controller / Head of Department|
|Attia Qayyum||Deputy Drug Controller|
The department is serving more than 1500 patients / day in OPD pharmacy. The turnover of patients is increasing day by day. All cardiac medicines are available in OPD pharmacy under the supervision of qualified pharmacists. All medicines from the store is dispense after getting satisfactory report from Drug Testing Laboratories (DTL).
There are hospital pharmacies available for patients in different departments which are Cath Lab Pharmacy, Emergency Pharmacy, Operation Theater Pharmacy and ICU Pharmacy. They ensure availability of medicines and disposables to every patient.
Retail pharmacy is also under the control of pharmacists. In Hospital premises for paying and panel category patients, Retail Pharmacy is also functioning on no profit no loss basis. Medicines and disposables (interventional and cardiac surgical) are available at subsidized rates.
There are certain stores of medicines and disposables where central supply medicaments are done to indoor sections like emergency, CCU, ICU, O.T and other wards etc. Pharmacists, dispensers and store keepers maintain the inventory of the store.
Procurement is a major assignment where quality medicines and disposables are being procured and dispense to all poor and entitled patients.
- To ensure availability of the required medication.
- To professionalize the funconing of the pharmaceutical services in hospital.
- To plan, organize and implement the policies of the pharmacy.
- To maintain strict inventory of all items received and issued.
- To counsel the patient, medical staﬀ, nurses and others involved in patient care on the use of drugs, possible side eﬀects, toxicity, adverse eﬀects, drug interactions etc.
- To serve as a source of information on drug utilization.
- To participate in and implement the decisions of the pharmacy, therapeutics committee and pharmacovigilance committee .
- To organize and participate in research programmes, educational programmes.
- To provide training to various members of the patient team on various aspects of drug action, administration and usage.
- To engage in public health activities to improve the well‐being of the population.
- To interact, cooperate and coordinate with various other departments of the hospital.